As a small business owner in Saline, Michigan you probably have come to realize that it’s important to have a website. However, most small business owners in Saline, Michigan are taken back by the initial complexity of creating a website.
We wanted to give you a guide to help make the process of creating your own website easier. You deserve to have your customers to be able to locate your business, find your contact details, and learn about the products/services that your small business in Saline, Michigan offers. This can be accomplished by creating a website and using these processes to get started.
1. Select And Register Your Small Business Website’s Domain Name- When selecting your domain name there are factors you want to keep in mind:
- If possible try to have your company name within the domain.
- No longer does it matter to have particular key words in your domain name. Businesses would add key words into their domain names thinking that this would get them high search engine results. This is no longer the case, as it’s more important to make sure it’s easy to remember, makes sense, and get the .com.
- Domain names should be unique to what your business is.
- Like stated above, you want to do your best to get the .COM.
- Don’t put any hyphen inside your domain name. An example would be your-bus.com. This is bad for SEO.
- Don’t make the domain name long. Keep your domain name to be three words or less.
Use the domain name tool at Microthosting.com to find an available domain name. It’s best to start with your business name and see if it’s available. For example, let’s say your business name is Big John Trucks and is located in Saline, Michigan. You would want to try bigjohntrucks.com first. If that was not available you would try johntruckssaline.com and, if available, you would use that. In that example we kept the domain to three words but if can be less words it would be more beneficial. Domain names can run from $9 to $16 depending on who you buy from. This is why we recommend Microthosting.com, as they always have lowest prices!
2. Figure Out The Content You Want On Your Website- With WordPress you have the option to create pages. With each page you have to input content about your business. MOZ has 12 great rules for choosing the right domain name. The five pages you should consider are:
- Homepage or Home
- Products and Services
- Testimonials or Portfolio
- About Us
- Contact Us
Each page should have information that is as descriptive as possible. Also, you should consider implementing your social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter. Make sure that each social media account is shown on all pages above.
3. Create A Logo or Get One Made- To create a logo yourself you can use all different types of programs that will allow you to begin the logo design process. However, most of these programs do have a learning curve to them, such as Adobe Photoshop. If you are willing to take the time and teach yourself you could come up with a logo without paying anyone to do it. However, you don’t want to create a poorly designed logo, as you need to make sure that it’s done right. Creating a poorly designed logo can put doubt in your brand. So if at all possible, try to get some advice before beginning:
4. Begin Design And Use Content Management System (WordPress) For Your Small Business In Dexter, Michigan-
- Use a Content Management System to build your website. WordPress does a great job to create a user friendly environment so you can publish pages and posts with ease.
- Stay away from Flash. This can hurt your SEO and also be a disaster for your website visitors.
- Make sure your website is mobile ready. It can also be called responsive website, which is now built into WordPress and their themes.
- Themes can be purchased from Theme Forest.
You also have the option to work with a business that knows how to complete all these steps so you don’t have to do it yourself. Valentino Web Design is passionate when it comes to helping small businesses online. Contact Us if you have a small business in Saline, Michigan that needs assistance!